CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Twit Me & I'll Twit U

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 2, 2009

    EOTD, swine flu, Burj and Me

    ^some random stuffs..picture heavy..


    Halluh everybody..
    Well, I called in sick at work the other day..

    I wasn't feeling too well.
    I had this really terrible stomachache
    that
    I couldn't stand up straight, literally.
    I spent the morning in bed.
    My Lovey on the other hand got me some
    fresh coconut juice.
    It helped a little. By afternoon, I was feeling better.
    I usually get this when I eat
    way too much salty foods or if I don't
    drink enough water throughout the day.
    (Ok, so I ate cheese popcorn last night and added more salt)
    Huhuhuhu..and takes its toll on me..
    So, lemme remind you,
    skip the chips and soda or
    anything that is SALTY!
    Drink as much water as you can.
    This will prevent you from getting UTI.
    It's worse than menstrual cramps I tell ya!

    Anyhoo, by the end of the day, I was
    feeling bettah than evah! I played w/
    make up bcauze there was nothing left for me to do.
    (except for laundry and cooking..)
    but besides that..I came up with these photos.
    Nothing too special..I still felt a lil crappy..
    Oooh..
    AND I really wanna get rid of my baby hair..
    :( I feel like I don't have a forehead..
    It's too small.. I can't even have shorter bangs..
    I heard that they can actually wax these hairs off..
    Hmm..should I or should I not?
    BWAHAHHAHA..
    Still thinking abt it..

    What I'm using: ACUVUE colored contacts in Hazel Brown

    Additional:
    I know some of y'all have mentioned in your comments
    how I kinda look like Roxanne Guinoo.. NOT!
    Oh gawsh!! honestly, it is so flattering.
    Hmmm...
    However, for those of you who's like thinking..
    who the heck is this Roxanne girl... haha..
    I came across some photos of her
    so you wouldn't
    feel left out
    or what not. Ü
    She's young Filipina actress, commercial model, endorser, & etc.
    AND I think she's simple and she has that
    real
    Pinay beauty in her which comes off naturally.
    It's kinda funny cuz I have some really close
    friends
    who personally knows her & is related to her.
    Also, we both live in Cavite, (Phils.)
    model
    Get Laud endorser (clothing line)
    Some whisky endorser..
    actress
    A killer body, right?Oh and this is just ME. hahaha
    and
    something I got from Facebook..

    a few Filipino celebrities and Aniston..
    HOW I WISH! mwahahahha..Ü

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    So moving on, I heard the news & when it comes to
    health related matters,
    I make sure I'm
    pretty much aware about it. If not ALL,
    then
    at least I know something..Hehehe..Ü

    SWINE FLU OUTBREAK tidbits..

    What is swine flu?

    Like people, pigs can get influenza (flu), but swine flu viruses aren't the same as human flu viruses. Swine flu doesn't often infect people, and the rare human cases that have occurred in the past have mainly affected people who had direct contact with pigs. But the current swine flu outbreak is different. It's caused by a new swine flu virus that has spread from person to person -- and it's happening among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.

    What are swine flu symptoms?

    Symptoms of swine flu are like regular flu symptoms and include fever, cough, sore throat body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea & vomiting associated with swine flu. Those symptoms can also be caused by many other conditions, and that means that you and your doctor can't know, just based on your symptoms, if you've got swine flu. It takes a lab test to tell whether it's swine flu or some other condition.

    How does swine flu spread? Is it airborne?

    The new swine flu virus apparently spreads just like regular flu. You could pick up germs directly from an infected person, or by touching an object they recently touched, and then touching your eyes, mouth, or nose, delivering their germs for your own infection. That's why you should make washing your hands a habit, even when you're not ill. Infected people can start spreading flu germs up to a day before symptoms start, and for up to seven days after getting sick, according to the CDC.

    The swine flu virus can become airborne if you cough or sneeze without covering your nose and mouth, sending germs into the air.

    How is swine flu treated?

    The new swine flu virus is sensitive to the antiviral drugs Tamiflu and Relenza. The CDC recommends those drugs to prevent or treat swine flu; the drugs are most effective when taken within 48 hours of the start of flu symptoms. But not everyone needs those drugs; many of the first people in the U.S. with lab-confirmed swine flu recovered without treatment. The Department of Homeland Security has released 25% of its stockpile of Tamiflu and Relenza to states. Health officials have asked people not to hoard Tamiflu or Relenza.

    Is there a vaccine against the new swine flu virus?

    No. But the CDC and the World Health Organization are already taking the first steps toward making such a vaccine. That's a lengthy process -- it takes months.

    How can I prevent swine flu infection?

    • Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing. Or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
    • Avoid close contact with sick people.
    • Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.

    Can I still eat pork?

    Yes. You can't get swine flu by eating pork, bacon, or other foods that come from pigs.

    Can You Get Swine Flu by Eating Pork?

    No. You can only catch swine flu from
    being around an infected pig -- or, if it's the new swine
    flu virus, from an infected person.


    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    WHERE?
    .. it's effin' HAWT. i tell ya! HAWT! all summer long! 42°C

    So, it's Thursday night and tomorrow will be my rest day..
    YIPEEEE!!! *silly dance*
    We decided to go to Madinat to have some coffee
    and prolly dinner as well..
    I, for once, ended up taking pictures instead.
    However, my camera was not fully charged..haha
    So, you get the idea..sooner or later it will die like a mutha..


    Moi checkin' out some accessories..
    Unfortunately, I didn't get anything..haha
    Nothing kept me interested..I had to walk away from it..
    Can you guess where this is?from the COSTA view
    The famous Burj al Arab changing it's color (from the view)my carrot cake.. *sniff* I really missed this.
    I remember telling Miss Katin how I love carrot cake
    and I was so craving when I saw her post..hehehe..
    some mocha frap & mi carrot cake..yummmehh**checkin' my msgs.. =P
    *zoomedsome baby camels galore..♥
    they were so freakin' cute..
    gold camel? lol Ü
    what is up with me? i took most pixz
    w/ some camels..ughk!
    @ DOME: Me, chillin..waitin' for dinner..
    (was already half full from what i ate earlier)


    what I had..carbonara..didn't like it that much.
    it was like spaghetti with milk sauce,
    mushroom, bits of eggs..WTF..& bacon..
    it was not even totally worth the pay.

    i could make a better pasta than this crap. lmao
    POSER! gawd, i was never this tan. ONLY HERE!
    actually, i think im burnt as hell..
    throughout the night, this was the only picture
    of the place that i took..so dumb of me.. ^_^
    I should've taken more pics of the place. errr..
    i know it's not all that..my camera was abt to die
    & i just had to capture whatevah i can.

    everyone has one of these..
    By the end of the night..
    I was still trying to capture a good
    photo
    of the damn Burj..ugh! ^no luck. oh wells..
    maybe next time.. @_@
    haha something I used that night..just kept the face simple.
    dusted sparkly white all over lids and gold pigments..
    NARS stolen kisses for mah lips and NARS orgasm (blush).

    Ok, so now I need some sleep..Ü
    I'm totally full..


    14 comments:

    ♥Leigh♥ said...

    sorry about the titLe..im not really good at giving my posts good titles..lol

    ♥ Nehs ♥ said...

    wow! u really look like Roxanne leigh! :) those lenses looks gprgeous on you!

    LOVEpink said...

    ohh i lovesss the dress! its super cute!! glad you're feeling better :) xoxo, bev

    Anonymous said...

    honey, i love that dress on you!! and hhah i think i told u b4 but u do look like her. not to kiss ur ass or anything , i think ur prettier than her. wink wink*

    thanks about the info on swine flu. such a doctor of u...hehehe

    Anonymous said...

    gorgeous! i love that dress you wore! im still waiting for your address hun! lol

    Jamilla Camel said...

    Thanks for the Dubai pics!! You look lovely!

    I just got home from Costa Rica, where everyone is wearing face masks at the airport--I brought home a litte souvenier, but I think it's just the gringo go-gos!

    miemiemie said...

    see see! i told you so! kamukha mo kasi!!!:) love that floral dress on you

    ♥Leigh♥ said...

    you wouldn't believe me if I told you I got my dress from the Philippines for like a hundred pesos or so.. LOL.. I love Landmark! Hahaha..Ü

    Thanks for the compliments everyone!Ü

    Anastacia said...

    Hey, girl! I love all your pics!
    You looks absolutely gorgeous!

    Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

    hope you're feeling better, that dress is so pretty!! :)

    Melissa Joy said...

    I think you do look like roxanne! The dress is so cute...it looks like you had a great night!

    Anonymous said...

    .. and drink cranberry juice to prevent UTI as well.. they said it's super effective. I hope you won't deal with that anymore..=[

    About the baby hair, I personally think u should keep it.. its cute and it makes you you!=] Loove your pics. so so pretty! and the carrot cake - yum! hehehe now you're making me miss it too.

    Take care girlie!

    NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

    yeah...you definitely look like roxanne...

    Anonymous said...

    cute dress!!